As I felt we need all resources to overcome the struggle humanity faces now, for today’s ritual, I chose an evocation of Goddess Ashera, an ancient Semitic Goddess, whose name appeared in ancient Akkadian and Hittite writings. To me, it appears clearly Asherah IS Inanna. Astaroth.
Prayer for balance to Asherah at Spring Equinox
In this times of sickness and struggle for mankind and its Mother Earth as well, I call forth you, Goddess Ashera, Queen of Heaven, who art known by many names and attributes: Lady from the Sky, Lioness, light bringer, protectress of witches and cunning people, midwife, kourotropos of all living beings:
– guide us back to the balance, abundance, health and wealth
– dispel all rage and lies and bring peace on Earth
– stop the bloodshed and pain that throw us from a life to another and heal forgetfulness with forgiveness
– replace separation with the sense of wholeness
– guide us to remember, get over and move forward
May thy light shine across the land as the harbinger of a Golden Aeon for mankind under the guidance of Old Gods. Hail!
On the Skies, across the Sea and all over the Land
Blessed be the land lying beneath,
Blessed be the water nurturing us all
May the fire purifies my intention
May the smoke carry my prayer to Gods.